Thursday, January 12, 2012

the flame that's left.

I hate really having the need to blog, but not having a critically important thing to blog about, so I will recap how me and Lauren almost were not friends two days ago, I was going to post about it yesterday but I didn't feel like sorting out my thoughts into a post, and today I do.
So, Nick&I like to skip our FSP together occasionally, because it's soooo boring sitting in class with nothing to do at like 10:00, and having the option of taking a nice nap snatched away by Ms.Martinez's evil little hands, so when Nick posed the option of walking around our high school, I was more than eager to leave that class. So, while walking around, and looping around the hallways, (which had become a casual thing to do, I felt at home next to the white brick walls and Nick close beside me) I passed by Mrs.Moreno's room. The tricky part with passing Mrs.Moreno's room is that the pass I signed to be granted out of Mrs.Martinez's room was to Mrs.Moreno's room, so even though Moreno's pretty chill, if she saw me I'd be in trouble.
Well, as Nick&I passed by, Lauren popped out of the class and yelled on the top of her lungs, "Look, it's Gabi and Nick, and she's ditching class! Gabi and Nick!"
Holy shit, she's lucky I didn't have a cord by me, I probably would have strangled her with it.
But yeah, Lauren&I got in a blowup about it, and she called me crying and stuff, so we worked it out, but she's just irritated now that I never hangout with her, and she feels like we're drifting.
Honestly, she's right.
I'm not here to try to hold it all together though, there's too much life going on around me to try to stop all of it, to cater to Lauren's needs. Our friendship is a wavering flame that's close from going out, and there's not much more spindle that the flame of our friendship has to burn on. We don't even have classes together, and my priority's changed a lot, now I'm just in the mindset that I want to just let things happen like there meant to happen, naturally.  I'm not here to drop everything to save a friendship that I know won't last forever, anyways.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment