Sunday, November 27, 2011

if he's right...

Don't you just love those out-of-the-blue, and semi-awkward conversations with the most random people imaginable? Well, I do. I'm talking to my friend ****, and me&him don't really talk as much anymore, since he doesn't live by me&there are other complications with our relationship, like how I only see him as a friend and stuff. Besides that, I'm texting him right now and he said he just got out of church, so I said "awh, ****, just got out of church(;", and he continued after that to give me this whole speech on how if I don't go to church, the devil will grill my ass or something. Well, it's not like I don't believe in God, I just don't go to church. For many reasons.
1. I stopped going when my parents got divorced, and just haven't found the motivation to start up again.
2. Every time I have gone, in the three occasions that has happened, I don't like how my grandma reacts to me going, like all mushy and emotional since she's a HUGE church advocate.
3. I think that the idea of having so many different religions, with different rules&regulations takes away the true meaning of worshiping a God.
4. I don't know what to classify myself.
5. I think that the requirements for church are outrageous, not like I don't understand dressing up to go and stuff like that, but instead of just showing appreaciation for being alive, I feel more like I joined a cult.
6. I think that the relationship I have with God, is more real&genuine than showing my face in a church building, listening to a pastor tell me what to believe, and mouthing the words to hymns that everyone in the building knows, except me.
So, that's what's been on my mind for the past 5 minutes, thinking about how **** said I'll be damned if I don't go to church.

No comments:

Post a Comment