Friday, November 25, 2011

a sea of tan and olive.

When I think of Iowa, that's what i think of, and I don't know why. I just do. I'm in Iowa now, spending my hours at the edge of the pool, and now at the keys of this public computer. It's awkward writing here, with people all around, I wouldn't classify myself as a "Starbuck's" typer, someone who can write deep&thoughtful feelings with strangers around. So, my post won't be meaningful or detailed, since I do not have the "coffee shop qualities".
So, Thanksgiving wasn't really eventful, just a whole load of family stuffed in the garage of my mother's uncle's (I don't know what I am in relation to him) family home, and the food was pretty good, just the average Thanksgiving meal. I was SUPER tired though, since I had spent the evening before that at a basketball game, that I'll write about some other time, and then didn't retire to bed till about 11:00 p.m.
Can't complain though, because there's this kid on my school's team who is getting a full ride scholorship to play college basketball, so it was like seeing a professional play, in my highschool, for 6 bucks. So, it's been a pretty good couple days, it's only been like two days since I've been at the game, but it feels like a week.

                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment